Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Faith

Hebrews 11;1-3
 1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. 2 This is what the ancients were commended for.
 3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

A question came up in a recent outreach opportunity about faith. The person asked why God didn't show us miracles today like the ones being performed at the time of Jesus. This passage in Hebrews tells us that we are to put our faith in Him who created the universe, taking what was unseen and making it visible. 

Faith is more than belief. I can look at a chair and believe it will hold me up. It is not until I sit in the chair that I have put my faith in it. I can believe that God exists, but it is not until I surrender all to Him that I have truly put my faith in Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment